Monday, April 9, 2018

Mop Philosophy Monday

 A wooden salad bowl is a classic that never goes out of style, it just always looks good.  Do you have one?  They seem like a standard in most kitchens since about the 1970's.

I have a kitchen tip for you: if you make your own almond milk a little funnel is essential.  Before this red funnel entered my life I would try to ladle almond milk into jars and bottles only to waste the precious stuff and make a big mess.  It was frustrating enough to almost create Crying In The Kitchen.
Little red funnel: problem solved.
Little red funnel.
 As you know we're on a plant-based diet for the most part, sometimes a bit of butter or other dairy might creep in, especially if we're eating at a restaurant.  One thing we haven't stopped eating is fish and some seafood (salmon, haddock, oysters).
Last week I cooked a haddock dish that turned out really nice: I baked it with some smoked salmon layered all over the top, alongside some tomatoes, parsley, olive oil and salt and pepper.
Haddock with smoked salmon: roast at 350.
 It was a very simple dinner, with just a salad and some fresh bread.
 I have a new bread addiction and it has nothing to do with homemade bread: it's all of the bread from Polestar Hearth.
My homemade mini baguettes.
They're just not as good as Jesse's bread at Polestar Hearth.
 One of my favourite things to buy at the bakery these days?  The pizza dough.  It's great for pizza of course, but it's also so delicious just rolled out as a flatbread, with dried herbs and maybe some olives pressed into it.
 I served it on Friday when we had our friends around, along with a carrot and red lentil hummus.
How's your Monday shaping up?  I have about three hours of admin today and a meeting at the accountant's office.  Then it's off for my Graston treatment, the very thing that has seemingly cured my migraines, it's such a miracle.  I'll tell you a bit more about that process and progress this week.

I hope your own week starts off full of energy and productivity.
xoxDani