Saturday, May 5, 2018

Travel Colour Story: Simple Black and White

 I've just finished packing up for my trip to Atlanta and it is a super simple black and white colour story.
It's an easy time of year to travel out of Canada: spring has finally arrived so I can get away with a light coat for the travel days of my trip.
This coat by Weekend MaxMara has been so good, it's perfect in the rain of course but it also hangs well and has a cute bow detail, very subtle in the quilting.
 I'll wear some black trousers on the flight:
 A scarf breaks up all the black:
 The Smythson Antonia bag is great for holding travel papers, books, anything I might need during the flight.
Still my favourite black bag.
 I'll only bring two pairs of shoes for this trip, one being the versatile Ferragamo Vara flat in black patent:

 It's meant to be lovely, warm and sunny in Atlanta so of course I'll bring a couple of dresses.
 This Mara Hoffman dress is really versatile, it will work with the patent flats and structured handbag but it also plays well with a black straw bag and some black boat shoes.

Kayu bag.

Kiel James Patrick boat shoes in black.
Can't believe they're not making these anymore!
 I'm pretty excited about this next outfit because guys I finally found some white jeans that don't look hideous on me:
 They are the mid-rise skinny ankle jean in "bone" by Everlane.  Great fabric (clean denim), great fit, great price.

The black linen shirt-tunic thing I'm wearing with them was meant to be a dress, if you can believe it.    That doesn't work for me, it's too short and also slightly sheer, no thanks.
I like it as an oversized top though.
 You can see it barely covers my butt, I'd have to shrink by about a foot to wear this as a dress:
 I'm packing up a black and white gingham dress from Ralph Lauren that was a sale buy last year.  I love the slightly balloon sleeve and the contrast collar:
 And of course I've always loved a gingham dress:
1975
 For the flight home I've packed a black and ivory polo from Winser London, to be worn with the black trousers and spring coat.
Voila, a super simple black and white colour story for a visit with family.
Thank you for all of your comments on my last post.  My Dad is doing really well, just home from hospital and recovering quickly.  He's been working so hard at his therapies and it's really paying off.
Hope you and yours are well,
xoxDani