Thursday, July 14, 2016

Summer

Picnic champers.
 After some faffing around with various settings on the blog I'm back to publishing it publicly.  I do have a comment moderation on, something I've never done and should have thought of earlier, after all it will let me control content and keep any inappropriate comments off the site.  We aim for The Good Life and we don't want a random bozo here or there upsetting us.
How's your summer going?  We've managed to fulfill our goal of picnics, picnics, picnics.
 We saw these ducks on our way to our favourite picnic spot in Stratford and they won me a bet.  I said "Make Way For Ducklings", and MrBP said "we're not in their way", to which I replied "referencing Robert McCloskey of course", to which MrBP replied "that's not the title".
Hehehe...

Whipping up any quinoa salads lately?

 Laundry is so much more pleasant a task in the summer.  Drying it outside, contemplating the clouds in the sky while pegging it to the line...
Hanging laundry: such a soothing task.
 I don't know why I ever stopped making risotto, it's such a delicious dinner.  My stand-by is mushroom, with some red peppers and maybe parsley chucked in towards the end of cooking.
Risotto fixings. Strawberries and cream for dessert.
 I found an old French asparagus serving dish and it had to come home with me:
Bought it at Pariscope.
 My garden has gone mad this year:
Lovage, which fortunately I harvested before the dry heat set in.
 Anyone else have a fondness for folding tea towels?
How about a refreshing yet filling new potato salad?  Add shallots, lots of lemon juice, capers and steamed green beans and you will have this:


Lunch on the porch.
I'm headed south to my hometown for a bit but please leave a comment, I'll read them and respond when I return.
Be good but have fun too. 
xoxDani