Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve Calm

 We had the most stunning snowfall yesterday that left the trees and houses iced in that perfect glittering layer of snow reminiscent of a Christmas card.
I took these photos from our porch when we arrived home from our family lunch.
 Today is a day for tucking in and preparing meals in the kitchen, a bit of a puttering day really.  My Rascals are all home so it's prime time to delegate.  We'll be cooking and cleaning and listening to Christmas music, and taking a walk around the neighbourhood- which couldn't really look prettier.
 I hope your day finds you in a calm place.  The holidays are like a truth serum for families and they can be difficult for some people.  If you've suffered a recent loss or have had a division in your family, this is the time when the truth is laid bare.
This is our second Christmas without my mother-in-law who was the centre of so much that is good in our family.  Once again she will be missed.
I often think of her, and of my two grandmothers, when I'm planning a family event large or small.  They were all strong women who all possessed great spirit and love for their families: love, loyalty and care.  They showed me how it was done!
What a gift.
You can be sure I'll be thinking of Joan, Jean and Pearl today, and raising a glass to them as well.
Wishing you a Calm and Bright Christmas Eve!
xoxDani