Friday, December 8, 2017

Tipsy Olives

It's such a nice treat to have some colourful flowers in the bedrooms.  It's not something I do very often, maybe a couple of times a year around holidays, but I found these bright blooms at Costco yesterday morning and I thought they were just the thing.

We are hosting our open house drinks party tomorrow afternoon for the neighbours and it will be the first time most of them have been inside our house.  They all know of course (with the exception of the recent neighbours) that we have spent a good amount of time renovating, in fact we gutted this house top to bottom and lived in Gia's apartment across the street while it was happening.

So I'm expecting to give some Five Cent Tours!  I'll get the bedrooms in top shape (not difficult as the third floor is always pristine with the older two both living in Toronto... no more floordrobes up there) and having some nice flowers around is my idea of decorating.
Now I just have to get Lil' Rascal to tidy her room!

Yesterday I purchased my bar snacks for the drinks party and I made some Tipsy Olives.
 Tipsy Olives are just about my favourite bar snack.  They are so simple to make, they are basically just pimento stuffed green olives soaked in the usual brine with the addition of vermouth.

The tiny little jar you see of Tipsy Olives costs about as much as the giant jar of stuffed green olives sourced from Costco ($6).  I bought the tiny jar last week so I would have the ingredient list but I needn't have done, I just had to tip the olives into a fresh jar and splash a bunch of vermouth around them.
Now we have a GIANT jar of Tipsy Olives.
It's Friday and you know what that means... Miller Time.  I'll spend the day prepping the house for tomorrow but hopefully this evening I'll be watching a movie with my hubs.
Watch any good movies on Netflix or iTunes lately? Let me know if you have, I could use some recommendations.
Have a wonderful day with a treat at the end,
xoxDani