Friday, January 19, 2018

Chip Shop Dinner

 I try to keep some items in the pantry or freezer that are what I like to call "cheater food", things that can be thrown in the oven to heat up when I really, really don't feel like cooking.
Last night was just such an evening.  I was out a good part of the day and part of that time was spent at a diagnostic appointment with my new physiotherapist.  I was in quite a bit of pain by the time I arrived home so all of my thoughts around dinner came down to one question: what sort of cheater food did I have in the cupboard?
I bought these tinned mushy peas in the British section of the discount grocery store I occasionally visit.  They have great international foods but it was the first time I'd ever seen these tinned peas on this side of the pond.  Perfect to serve with freezer fish and chips for a cheater food "Chip Shop" dinner.
 It couldn't have been an easier dinner: heat up the mushy peas and shove the freezer French fries and breaded sole into the oven, and just to keep it from being completely devoid of vitamins I did put together a simple green salad.
It looks like I'm in for several months of physiotherapy for my levator scapulae and referring area around the shoulder blade and into the spine.  I'm looking forward to getting better, that's for sure!

Any Friday night plans?  I'm planning to copy my friend SunnyDay and have a date night in with my hubs.  I might have to think of another cheater food dinner!
Cheers to Friday,
xoxDani