Monday, January 8, 2018

Mop Philosophy Monday

 Have you been doing any mending lately?
I sure have, mostly just loose buttons.  So many that my mending basket has taken up permanent residence in the dining room.

I sure wish it was warm enough to wear this light blue coat... outside.
I guess I can always wear it inside. 
 I don't think there's any harm in keeping treats around for the kids, do you?
 I'm not talking a full candy store, just a jar of peanut M&M's.

I prefer to get these sorts of snacks into the Rascals:
Avocado's are so healthy.
 We had a few friends around yesterday for afternoon drinks.  I was craving lots of fresh vegetables, so that's what I served.
This time of year I think a large platter of fresh, bright vegetables looks like pure luxury:
Have you ever added Marsala to your marinara sauce?
 Try it, it's delicious.  After sautéing the vegetables (zucchini, peppers, garlic) and adding in the dried herbs (basil, thyme, rosemary) I poured in about a half cup of dry Marsala, then added two large tins of tomatoes and two tablespoons of tomato paste, along with a bay leaf.
Simmer for 10 minutes or so, then turn the heat off while you have drinks with your friends.  Turn it back on to simmer for about 20 minutes or so before serving with pasta... a perfect tomato sauce!

Today is the first real Monday of the new year, let's get to it.
Hope yours is a good one,
xoxDani