Monday, January 22, 2018

Mop Philosophy Monday

 Do you have those anxiety dreams in which you're in an exam room and you haven't studied and you don't know anything?
I have them, mine also involve never even having gone to the class.  It seems most people carry these dreams throughout their lives long after they are done with school.
Lil' Rascal starts her high school exams at the end of this week so I'll be stocking up on vanilla marshmallows for her hot chocolate: it's a comforting study snack.

Speaking of comfort foods, I put together a very simple gratin of vegetables that was delicious, and so easy too.
 I sliced the vegetables I had lying around: potatoes, butternut squash and a zucchini, and then just layered them with a bit of olive oil.
 I started out quite neat and tidy, though by the end things were looking a bit jumbled:
 I find vegetables like this need salt and pepper as they're being layered, otherwise they risk being under seasoned.

This is just the sort of dish that calls for that secret weapon ingredient: cashew cream.
If you'd like a basic recipe for cashew cream this is a good one.
 I topped it off with nutritional yeast and a good grinding of pepper as well as some Herbamare salt.  Then I put in it in a 325 oven for about 25 minutes: browned perfection and a delicious side dish to whatever main course you might be serving (for us that was a lentil dish).
How's your Monday stacking up?  I'm feeling overwhelmed by various issues going on in the news just now.  I think I'll set up my ironing board in front of the news on television this afternoon, considering I'm preoccupied with it all anyway.  Only after I get this house in order... things do get out of hand on the weekends.
I hope your Monday is a happy and productive one, and if you're feeling overwhelmed, just take it one step at a time!
xoxDani