Friday, February 23, 2018

Accessorizing With Scarves


Hermes Maxi Twilly
May 2017 Cinque Terre, Italy
 One of my favourite Pinterest boards is one I named Accessorizing With Scarves.

I like to pin not just beautiful scarves but really the way they are worn.  I like scarves loosely tied with a casual feeling... partly due to the fact that I'm terrible at forming intricate knots myself.

But it's also because I wear scarves most of the time and I quite literally just throw them on, it's a great way to get away with wearing an all-black outfit.

The long Maxi twilly shape from Hermes might be one of the easiest scarves to wear, it can simply be looped around the neck or just simply tied and left to fill the front of a coat.
Maxi Twilly
JCrew boxy jacket.


I think a square silk scarf can even take the place of a silk blouse.

We attended a memorial this past week for our dear Uncle Hugh, and of course I wore my black skirt suit.
I have a very simple stretchy tank in black that I wear under this suit, it's not something I'd ever wear on its own, it's just a foundation piece.
It allows for a smooth fit of the jacket but it is the scarf that provides the finish (and most of the interest) to the outfit.
Hermes scarf "Jungle Love" 90cm square
Theory skirt suit and foundation tank.
Wearing a scarf under a jacket like this, there is no need to tie it or loop it around, I just lay it flat and button the jacket over it.  It provides lots of coverage and a bit of colour.

For me, this is the perfect easy and appropriate outfit.  It's serious looking but comfortable, as much of a uniform as a man's suit and tie.

Are you a frequent scarf wearer like I am?  What's your favourite way to wear yours?
xoxDani