Saturday, December 14, 2019

Christmas Colour

 By the time December rolls around I just want to wear red and green at all times.

Give me the Christmas Elf look any day, it is so festive and merry-making and gives me energy for the season!

I bought the Christmas Wrapping Dress from one of my favourite American brands: Kiel James Patrick.  It is such a good dress, really warm and soft, a great fit (perfect length, not too tight, comfortable arm-holes) and the colours just scream Christmas.

You can have a look at their dress line-up HERE.

JCrew is an old favourite of mine as well, though I don't often shop there these days.  That said, some of my best pieces in my wardrobe are old JCrew, so of course I always like to have a look.

This Collection dress in "jungle cat floral" is lovely for Christmas with the vibrant colours and festive silhouette.

The silk is heavy enough that it lies properly and I love the tuxedo bib ruffles down the front.
 Yes to wearing it with leopard heels!  You can see it HERE.  It is currently 30% off, I also bought it on discount which made it a great price for such a luxurious dress.
I'll be wearing it with leopard heels for sure.
 Everlane is killing it with their Alpaca sweaters!

For some reason I now prefer wearing alpaca to a more expensive cashmere knit, and I'm not sure why.  It could be the warmth factor but I also think I just prefer a chunkier, looser-fitting knit these days.
This cropped cardigan is the perfect length, with a lovely long sleeve and festive red colour.  You can see it HERE.
 I'll wear it over the JCrew dress and buttoned up with my old JCrew Robert Noble red skirt, which I featured in my last post.
Red Section
 I've been wearing the Kiel James Patrick dress with a white cardigan and red shoes: Christmas Elf Look.
Love this dress.
 I find the traditional Burberry pattern quite festive too, this skirt is vintage, found on eBay, and I like to pair it with a black cardigan fully buttoned and my vintage Burberry trench coat, which has the same pattern in a wool lining.
Vintage Burberry Section
 For casual daytime wear, or cozy sofa wear, I've been wearing another Kiel James Patrick dress: a sweater dress in fox print.

Fantastic Fox Sweater Dress
 Love this dress too!  I've been wearing mine with a dark brown vintage fur coat, brown fur hat, brown and black Dubarry of Ireland boots, and black opaque tights.  It's perfect for running around doing errands too.

I have some Christmas colour throughout the house too, of course!  I ordered some of my clan tartan ribbon from The Scotland Shop in both ancient and modern iterations.
Clan Grant, modern version.

 Scout is of course wearing some Christmas colour as well, she is loving her red Christmas bandana these days.  Looks good with her fluffy coat:
Scout in her Christmas outfit.

Great Room
 I basically finished unpacking here in our new house and the next day it was time to decorate for Christmas!
Tall Tree
Lopsided Star

Wouldn't mind owning this outfit!

Austrian ornament.

Red and turquoise: favourite colour combination.

Christmas dishes in an orange-red.
 I've gone super simple as fas as decorating the fireplaces goes, a seasonal Diptyque candle on one...
 ... a ginger jar on the other.  With accompanying greenery of course!
I hope you're feeling festive and energized for the season, with lots of Christmas colour and cheer surrounding you.
xoxDani

Links do not generate commissions or anything else, I'm meant to state that now according to blog laws :)