Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Biltmore... One Week Ago

Biltmore
 It's incredible to think that just one week ago today I was walking around Biltmore Estate with my Dad, StepMum and oldest daughter.

We were taking some very simple precautions (hand washing etc) to protect us from Covid19, which truly felt quite removed from our lives, or at least from the tourist activities we were happily taking part in.

I believe the grounds of Biltmore are still open but many of the activities, the wine tastings, the Downton exhibit, are shut down.  I'm not sure if they are still operating the house tours but if social distancing is really the goal, they certainly should be.

This is a trip we've been talking about taking for years, and as my oldest daughter has just finished her graduate degree we thought it would be the perfect time to treat her and to spend some family time together.

When this is all behind us I suggest you go to Biltmore if you haven't yet had the chance to do so, it's quite incredible, and just a gorgeous setting in the mountains of North Carolina.

I'll share one of my favourite rooms with you... the Morning Room.


Love the upholstery so much.

That desk!
 I often take the most interest in the very domestic rooms on a house tour, and Biltmore was no exception.
Vase storage room.



Downton Kitchen

Downton dining room.
Look at that place setting!
I planned a very simple colour story for my travel outfits last week, simple but effective and perfect for springtime: navy with hits of bright, happy colours.
I brought these two Tory Burch bags and this Tory Burch necklace to pair with navy dresses, skirts and sweaters:
Tory Burch bags and necklace.
Now that I am home I am in isolation in the house and garden, all of those travelling outside of the country were ordered to do this over the weekend.
Every day has brought new measures and restrictions in order to attempt to flatten the curve of the pandemic.
These are truly extraordinary times and I really hope anyone reading my blog today isn't feeling too anxious.  It's one day at a time, and I hope that you feel supported and in solidarity with your community.

My plan is to post more often in order to distract myself and possibly entertain others, even if only with recipes and colour stories.

Please take good care,
xoxDani