Friday, March 20, 2020

Orange Gingham

 About a month ago I became fixated on the idea of an orange gingham dress or skirt of some kind.  Orange is not a typical colour for me so this could be explained by way of late winter urges towards sun, colour and summer.  We were also meant to be taking a trip to South Beach, Miami in April, and I couldn't stop seeing oranges and pinks together with yellow... stripes, solids, checks and 1960's prints.

Of course we won't be taking that trip to Miami now but I thought I would share some pictures I took last month of this perfect orange gingham I found at The Gap, just in case you need a little colour in your life today.
J.Crew sandals.
Tory Burch wristlet bag.
Orange gingham from The Gap.
 I love the look of a check mixed with a more colourful plaid, in similar tones and size of pattern.  It's just enough of a mix to be interesting and to me it almost makes the plainer check the neutral of the pairing.
I have an older pair of J.Crew sandals in all of those sunny colours I was thinking of, here they are paired with the orange gingham from The Gap and an old Tory Burch wristlet bag.
 The Gap set is a long, ruffled skirt and a matching wrap top.  Both pieces are in 100% cotton and the skirt is lined in cotton as well. I put them both in the washer and the dryer on a medium heat to shrink them a bit (they run up a little big in size in my opinion). I love an outfit that can be thrown in the washer and the dryer, forgoing the need for ironing.
 It was pretty fun to try on this outfit a month ago and start planning my colour story for Miami.
As these days get heavy on us (and as the weather outside proves positively gloomy, cold and rainy) it's good to Keep the Faith that someday we'll see South Beach, and that on that day an orange gingham outfit will be just the thing.

I would normally say "TGIF, It's Miller Time"  to you but the days are all started to blend together a bit.  What I will say is that I hope you are well and still enjoying some normalcy in your life, even if it is something simple (yet delicious) like a Friday night pizza dinner with wine.

xoxDani