"We are what we believe we are."
C.S. Lewis

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Last English Post

Young Rascal here!
Sadly my English travels have flown by and today I type the last post! As our days across the pond lessen, us BP's are feeling awfully bittersweet about the inevitable end to our glorious vacation. Although, seeing our pony dog, Scout, once again will be a beautiful moment.  I do miss that Rascal a lot!

Before I go on to tell you about some of the BP's final adventures, I'd like to make a permanent stamp on this blog- the furriest of the BP family is yet to be given a nickname.  I crowned myself the duty of naming the newest member of our family a nickname... the nickname is.... drum role please....

The Ultimate Rascal!!! Which very much fits our Scoutie!

Anyway, now that my presence has been stamped, on to the last Young Rascal documented instalment of England. Well, polish your bagpipes and put that haggis in the oven because the BP's decided to make the drive all the way up the M6 north, into Scotland.

Our days in Scotland were beautiful, we stayed in a lovely hotel and went to see a giant castle placed on the royal mile in Edinburgh.  Even though I had a headache that didn't stop my imagination!  I thought about what the castle looked like in its prime, I imagined walking up these staircases to the grand bedroom and having dinner in the dining hall with kings and queens.

What is my dad's favourite part of going to the castle? Reading the plaques of course! All the information stored in his head from his plaque reading!
Bungi jumping in the middle of downtown Edinburgh, I meant to go on myself but sadly we did not have the time- although even if we did I probably would've chickened out!
Mmmm.... The food in Scotland was amazing! This smoked salmon salad was so so good! I am a picky eater- but I do like some sophisticated things like smoked salmon!

My favourite Scottish cuisine? The tray of goodies left by the people at our hotel! Yummy!

That is it for this holiday! I have had a pleasure writing for my mom for this short amount of time, and I have had so much fun reading everyones responses! Don't worry- the holiday posts are not over! Although this is my last post, the BP's went on an extra special Scotish adventure my mom is eager to blog about!

xox Young Rascal


19 comments:

  1. It has been lovely having you as our Scottish correspondent! I love Scotland too - the food there is better than in England but don't tell anybody...Did you try the shortbread? That's my favorite! Sounds like you have had an amazing time so far x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too agree that Scotland hosts the better meals. Everything we ate there was extremely yummy! Although I did stay away from the haggis, a bit too adventurous!
      xoYR

      Delete
  2. Very well done yet again Young Rascal and I'll bet Ultimate Rascal can't wait for your return. I've enjoyed each and every one of your posts....although my dear Young Rascal I was really hoping you'd tell us if you met any special people while up in Scotland...there were 1 or 2 I was really hoping to hear about. I can give you another drum roll is you'll spill the beans......!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm expecting mine and ultimate rascal's reunion to be an epic one. Tears on both end! As for the possibility of the meet up... I think I'll leave you hanging!
      xoYR

      Delete
  3. Yay! Love the posts and the pics and I know you have had a grand time. I am anxious for your Mum's pics and the meetings with movie stars, et al!

    I see a career in fine writing for you m'dear! I may have met your future husband - my nephew has been staying with me - he is 12 and quite a hockey player, very good looking and he wants to grow up to be a businessman/lawyer. Good credentials.... Pass that on to the powers that be! Thanks sweetie - hope to see you soon!

    p.s. ultimate rascal is going to cry when she sees you! so is oldest rascal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling everyones in for a real treat with my mom's next posts! I'm excited (as per usual) to read her upcoming blogs! As for your nephew... I'm gonna have to think on that one, although I'm sure my mother would be more than happy to have you as a sort-of-sister-in-law. I do miss my puppy ultimate rascal lots, as well as my big brother (although he gets on my nerves sometimes, oldest rascal is pretty great as far as big brothers go, and has been dearly missed)
      xoYR

      Delete
  4. Your pony dog will be quite smitten with his nickname...good job. So glad you had a wonderful vacation. It is always nice to go home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that the name perfectly suits Scout and she will be more than happy!

      I always love going home after a vacation. As much as I love seeing and exploring new parts of the world, I also love seeing and exploring familiar surroundings once again!
      xoYR

      Delete
  5. Wishing and HopingJuly 16, 2014 at 4:43 PM

    Thank you YR. And it was a pleasure reading all about your fine adventures!
    You can only see a Scottish castle by imagining you are the "lady of the house" in full skirts.
    And of course no Scottish holiday is complete without a taste of some delicious salmon.
    What a brilliant time you must have had!!
    Ultimate Rascal, I'm sure is going to absolutely adore seeing you back.
    Can you just see that tail wagging madly? Helen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again a pleasure to read. Scotland is on our "to-visit" list and reading your posts has just re enforced this. Hoping that the Ultimate Rascal is not too impatient to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get ready for the biggest kisses from the Ultimate Rascal. What a fabulous trip and I do look forward to
    the next post. Such a delight to read and it reminds me of our oldest son 's writing when he was younger. Very talented and hope to read a guest post again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's been a pleasure getting to know you. you are a fine young writer and lady, obviously raised by a fine mother and father. i hope we get to hear about meeting tabitha! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've enjoyed your travelog. Safe journey home and give your pup a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am very impressed by your writing young rascal....you should be very proud of your work here.
    If you are the same Rascal I met at the Empress I had a sneaky feeling you were clever!

    Your Ultimate Rascal may be overcome with canine emotions when he sets eyes on you back home...enjoy all those wet kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Young Rascal - I'm so glad that the BPs got to go to Scotland! I'm so looking forward to reading all about it. I'll be there in October - mostly in Carnoustie and St. Andrews, which are also very lovely, but I'm aiming to go to the Brora store in Edinburgh too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have wholly enjoyed your enthusiasm and your way with words:).

    ReplyDelete
  13. As the song goes: "Will ye no come back again?"

    Thanks for the prose and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a homecoming you will get from UR! Scotland, so special; MLane lived there for a year in Uni. You are quite easy and fun to travel with , it seems, good for you; being able to enjoy and appreciate another place is a gift you will always have!

    ReplyDelete