"We are what we believe we are."
C.S. Lewis

Friday, July 11, 2014

The World of Beatrix Potter


Young Rascal Reporter at Large here!!
Today we headed out to the land of Beatrix Potter World in the Lake District.  Often places like this, where magical worlds in books are brought to life, let me down because my imagination creates a much grander and more magnificent world than some attraction would, so I was not expecting much.

Boy, was I surprised when I walked into the world I'd pictured for some time.  It was wonderful! Almost spot on, everything was perfect!
 Here are Peter and Benjamin Rabbit peeking through the window to the kitchen- where I sat down and took it all in (also pretending that I was Cotton Tail- my favourite of the Rabbit family ever since my Mom read me my first Peter Rabbit story when I was barely four).
 Here is Mr. Tommy Brock- probably scheming against Mr. Tod (or thinking of how to get Ben's kids back)
Tommy and Mr. Tod in a bit of a scruff.  Do you notice the colour combos between the outfits- I think they are extremely colour coordinated.
 Mr. Tod looking awfully sharp, but devious at the same time.


Copper kettles, pub decoration.
What you see before your eyes are kettles I thought were awful cute, and they made my imagination go wild (I just had to rub them to make sure there wasn't a genie in them, there were no genies and good thing- I have no closet space for any more shoes!)

So far England has been a real treat- Beatrix Potter, picnics in the sky, copper kettles and lots of sheep! What else does England have in store for us BP's?  

xox Young Rascal


17 comments:

  1. I would love to visit the Lake District. Thank you for all of your reports. It appears the BPs are having a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just so twee? I think you are going to love the cottage Wordsworth lived in. It will make his poetry really makes sense and go a deeper level after you visit! So glad you are enjoying your trip thus far. So nice to see someone enjoying being a tourist in England!! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I was just rereading the book I sent your mum on Beatrix potter's garden and I was so wishing I could be there! Myself, I love Benjamin anf jemmima puddle duck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom absolutely adores Mrs. Tiddiewinkle, she says she likes to bring out her inner Mrs. Tiddiewinkle when she thinks cleaning up after us rascals is getting tiring.

      Delete
  4. Wishing and HopingJuly 11, 2014 at 6:55 PM

    Thank you YR! This was such a sweet treat.
    What a lovely day you had! And no nettle!!!!
    I'm afraid Mr Tod is a fox after my own heart. Clever and a very sharp dresser
    (but a little bit too sly). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Tod is very well dressed- especially for a fox! Thank goodness there was no unexpected nettle to try and ruin my day in the lakes!

      Delete
  5. The Potter museum is such fun!

    Will you be visiting Lindisfarne, Bamburgh, or Alnwick? There's a Gertrude Jekyll walled garden beside the castle on Lindisfane. Cumbria is lovely, but sadly lacking in castles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great post Young Rascal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never been to Beatrix Potter World, but now I'm intrigued! I always feel that her creations could pop around any corner when I'm in the Lake District.....it's as though time has stood still. That pic of the handsome copper has me planning to polish mine! I wonder how much elbow grease those have been given!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for such a wonderful update, Young Rascal. I'm enjoying the trip vicariously through your words and splendid pictures. What a treat !

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow my kids would love this! So neat. Really enjoying your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love her books! Still haven't seen that movie about her - have you? Apparently she was a bit of a character

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved reading those books aloud, now quite a few years ago. We had a visit last week by a sneaky American relative of Mr. Tod, who snatched one of the old hens; they are very patient, these foxes!

    I'll bet you are having some scenic walks in those parts. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Getting caught up on the trip & wonderful posts from Young Rascal. Great to read!

    ReplyDelete