Monday, November 24, 2014

Mop Philosophy Monday

Life in our temporary digs.
 It's going to be a busy week with our move back home quickly approaching this Saturday... time to pack it all up again.

I'm working on a blog post about The Magic of Tidying which I will be applying to my own household once we move ourselves back into the rooms.  We've missed our home very much but living in a small apartment has also revealed the upsides of downsizing: much less to clean, much less to tidy, and freedom from the chores of a larger house (namely the garden and outdoor maintenance).
It has inspired me to really streamline our household so that I can easily clean and do everyday tidying...more on that in my post which I will hopefully write this week.

As far as a renovation update is concerned the work is ticking along on the interior (in fact I've posted a picture of the wallpaper in my closet on my instagram) but I haven't taken too many pictures because I'm a bit underfoot in the house!  The men are working to get as much done before we move back in, in fact they worked all through the weekend.  Those guys are treasures.

We have other business to attend to, namely a trip to New York City to visit Brora's first North American shop!  Teacups kindly brings us there with these photos...
Scottish Cashmere on Madison Avenue!

Window Shopping

Beautiful fresh flowers.

Cashmere display, and how about that wallpaper?

Dreamy stacks of colour.
Thank you so much Teacups for bringing us to New York with you!  Please let us know if you've been back to buy any Christmas presents...

Speaking of Christmas presents, have you viewed the gift section on the Brora site?  It's the best time of the year at Brora.
Here are a couple of my favourites:
Mohair Lace Knit Shawl

Cashmere Evening Cardigan in Black
I can't quite imagine Christmas shopping yet and I'll definitely be crossing things off of my list at the last minute this year... how about you?
What does your week hold?  I'll be busy with boxes and tape but I hope to return with thoughts on tidying sometime midweek.
Take care of yourselves Darlings!
xoxDani