Monday, November 27, 2017

A Good Monday

 I have to start in on my Christmas decorating in a very subtle way so that no one notices I am a raving lunatic.  The truth is I really love Christmas, the hype, the lights, the shopping, the wrapping, the eating and the drinking.  I mean, what's not to love?
So I've taken out some ribbon, and of course my Christmas dishes, and I've switched over to red and green in the kitchen:

 This year I ordered a box of greenery from Costco and that thing was a bargain! My gosh, it arrived stuffed to the brim with fresh holly, magnolia and cedar branches.
The holly is getting a little dry-looking already though:
 We've had a really busy weekend which I'm so appreciating this Monday morning.  The last few months have been a bit difficult with one of our best friends struggling through a serious illness.  She's so much better now and she even hosted a dinner last night.  We were so happy just to sit around at a table with her.
 I've started to organize the Christmas bar:
 This year I'm hosting a Christmas party for the entire block.  I know, that's crazy.  But I've realized that if I want to know my neighbours these types of events are key.  There are some really nice people on our street and three new couples... I have two weeks to get my house ready!
On Friday evening we went to L and T's house for a plant-based dinner that was SO delicious.  We had this Ceasar salad recipe that was seriously good.  L sent me the recipe this morning and here it is.

Today I have to work for a couple of hours, do about seven loads of laundry, sort the fridge, tidy the main floor and organize snacks and wine for my Serious Book Club tonight, which I'm hosting.
A Good Monday!
Hope yours is organized and fruitful,
xoxDani