Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Boxing Day


 I always think of Boxing Day as the day to begin putting away the Christmas things, even though that is not the original meaning of the day.

  In Canada the idea of the Christmas Box given to servants or employees was never a practice as it historically was in Britain, but the after-Christmas sales have always been a popular concept!

I guess I'll stick to my own personal meaning, as much as I love Christmas I try to box away the majority of the decorations before the New Year.

Yesterday we woke up to a big fresh snowfall, it was a classic Christmas morning:

 We opened the presents, which is always hilarious:
Ole Rascal
 Every Christmas I buy a panettone, an Italian Christmas cake, for The Rascals.  It's a treat for them and a childhood tradition but it's also really easy for me.  I only have to dust it with the icing sugar packet it comes with and put it on the table.  I put together a cherry compote this year too, topped with toasted sliced almonds:
Breakfast treats.
That's my little Christmas cake on the right.
 We went for a big morning walk to the park so we could enjoy the fresh snow.  It was such a lovely morning.  Our big meal was mid-day, after which Poppa had to head home.
Middle Rascal in the park.
Then it was time to watch Home Alone, have lots of snacks, and we ended the day playing the board game Ole Rascal bought the family: another tradition we have.

I hope your day was a good one too.
What do you get up to on Boxing Day?
xoxDani