Friday, December 15, 2017

Key People

 This Gold Santa is one of my favourite Christmas decorations.  In fact I like it so much I also have this same Santa but in red (he looks over us in the family room).  I love the bits of tinsel trim on his outfit, the perfect beard and the concerned but kindly eyes.
The truth is I love Christmas just as much as I did when I was a kid.
 We still have some preparations on our list for Christmas, and I can't believe it but we still don't have our Christmas tree.  We'll be going to the Christmas tree farm tomorrow.  I also have a couple of presents to pick up for Lil' Rascal and hopefully I'll get that sorted today.

I delivered gifts to our accountant's office yesterday.  That might not be something most people do, unless like us you have your own business?  We couldn't run it without their help, they are KEY.  They are a lovely family-run business too.
One of the best aspects of the Christmas season is the ability to show gratitude to all the Key People.
 My neighbour across the street and to the right has the most amazing looking house at Christmas time, and all the time really.  The morning light hits his house in such a way as to take my breath away as I open the dining room curtains every morning.
 His wife has been really unwell and I think I'll drop by today to see how they're doing.
 I'll bring a (purchased) baked good of some kind when I do.

At home in my kitchen I'm prepping for a dinner party tonight and I have an easy menu on the go: roasted salmon (we still occasionally eat fish), roasted sweet potatoes, sautéed Swiss chard, green beans and a salad (my friends are bringing the beans and salad).
I was thinking of throwing together a simple apple dessert, I made one earlier this week and it was cozily good.
TGIF!  I cannot believe another week has flown by.  How can we slow down time?  I hope you have a lovely evening with good food and as my mother-in-law would say, an "oh-be-joyful" (cocktail)!
xoxDani