Monday, February 12, 2018

Mop Philosophy Monday

 Anyone else feel like wearing pastels absolutely all the time?
Me too, must be the grey, gloomy days of Foreveruary.

An antidote to this time of year?  The movies of course.  We went to see The Shape of Water yesterday afternoon, it's a must see.  I give it a thousand stars.


I made a fennel and romaine salad on the weekend and it was so good, crunchy and delicious.  A lemon-shallot vinaigrette is what you want for this salad.  I go heavy-handed on the lemon and make it several hours in advance, that gives the shallots time to slightly pickle.



 Leeks are so good with their subtle flavour, but cleaning them, what a tricky business.
Leeks, after much cleaning.


 This is my trigger mitten tea towel from Newfoundland.  Trigger mittens are very popular on the island and are sold in all of the tourist shops.  They're quite ridiculous looking, really.
Linen tea towel with a trigger mitten printed on it.
From Newfoundland of course.

My best tip for getting your pizza dough to rise efficiently?  Instead of placing in under a tea towel to stay warm, simply invert the bowl you've used to mix the dough over it.  This creates a warm, sealed environment with zero draughts.


How's your day shaping up?  I have a long to-do list which I haven't written down yet so it feels overwhelming.  As soon as I jot it on some paper all be well, the key is to have a plan.
Have a terrific start to your week!
xoxDani