Thursday, March 1, 2018

Carrot Soup

Sweet Violets bouquet, still going strong.
Love that shade of apricot.
 We've had a cold virus in our house this week and MrBP has been hit especially hard.  I've been cooking lots of pureed vegetable soups to try to get as many vitamins into our diet as possible.

I have an abundance of carrots these days from our vegetable delivery so I made this really simple soup.
It's so easy: saute a shallot, add some herbamare sea salt and plenty of peeled and chopped carrots.  Cover with with water and simmer until the carrots are tender when poked with your paring knife.
The pureed soup.
 Leave off the heat for a few minutes before pureeing the whole business in your blender.

Of course I added some cashew cream, I usually have some in the fridge these days.
Cashew cream.
 The cashew cream adds some nice texture to the carrots.
 The texture would be fairly bland without a topping, however.  I used this nut and nutritional yeast mixture that I've been sprinkling over all of our soups lately.
I cup raw cashews
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Pulse in your food processor until it has the texture of fine breadcrumbs.  Store in a jar on your counter and sprinkle whenever you'd like a slightly salty, breadcrumb-like topping.

How's your day looking?  It's March already, which has me thinking about getting out my St. Patrick's decorations.  I started a Death Cleaning of my laundry room yesterday and right now it looks like a bomb has gone off in there, I'll have to work on sorting that today.  And I'd like to take some photos of those Brora tweeds and wools that arrived yesterday!

Whatever you get up to today I hope it's a success,
xoxDani