Friday, March 30, 2018

Hopping Bunnies

Meringue cookies from Polestar Hearth
 For some reason our neighbourhood has so many bunny rabbits these last months and every time I see one I feel a ridiculous sense of joy.

They're just hopping around doing their thing, sometimes in the middle of the road (no bunnies, be careful!) but mostly in our back garden or in our neighbour's gardens.  I often see them when I'm walking Scout around the neighbourhood and she doesn't know what to think.

We live in the downtown historical neighbourhood and I'm not sure why these seemingly country creatures have made their way here.  I love them even if they do eat everything in our garden.

I wasn't sure how I would decorate for Easter this year, and in the end I kept it pretty simple.  I prepped the bedrooms for my Rascals who will all be home this weekend, and I bought some pretty meringue cookies from the bakery.
Monsieur Bunny
Monsieur Bunny has pride of place in our sitting room, you can see he is ruling the room.  I bought this handmade wool bunny years ago for Lil Rascal, I love that he has a fistful of carrots and a calm little smile.
With a house full of Rascals I'll be taking the weekend off posting but I'll be back for Mop Philosophy Monday.  I'll let you know how our vegetarian Easter meal turns out!
Hoppy Easter to you and yours,
xxxDani