Monday, March 19, 2018

Mop Philosophy Monday

Sweet Violets Bouquet
 Now that I'm recovered from the Plague it's time to catch up on all the stuff I didn't get done when I was ill.
It's a long list!
I have several hours of admin to do this week at my desk, never a task I look forward to.  I'll have to take frequent housework breaks, just to cheer myself up.
Cooking any easy dinners?  I think I'll put a butter bean gratin on our menu this week.
 This is so easy when served with some whole wheat couscous.  The butter beans themselves are from a can (very cheater-like) and if you see this Italian brand in your grocery store I recommend them.  The beans are steam-cooked before canning and they have a perfect texture.
I had a lovely large bunch of Swiss chard, and after sautéing it with shallots and mini sweet peppers I added the rinsed butter beans.
 Add some cashew cream...
 ... and top with my favourite mixture of ground nuts and nutritional yeast.  I posted the recipe for this nut mixture at the end of this post.
How's your week shaping up?  Any big projects to tackle?  Lots of eye-crossing admin to get done?
Whatever you're dealing with, I hope it goes well.
xoxDani

PS it seems I'm taking the week off blogging... not my intention to do so and I hope to be back by Friday/Saturday with a party-prep post. xxx