Friday, March 16, 2018

The Holy Vegetable

 I brought home a giant bag of potatoes (the Holy Vegetable) this week in order to celebrate St. Patrick's Day properly.

I'll be cooking a colcannon dish, an old favourite around here.  Back in 2013 I posted on this dish, and this is the recipe I linked to.

These days I use olive oil and some reserved potato water for mashing, to keep it plant-based (and rather than mash the potatoes I whip them up in my KitchenAid mixer).  I increase the amount of kale I use as well, and I'll give it a good saute before adding it to the mashed potatoes.
We live in a University town and the mischief level will be high tomorrow.  The weather is meant to be fine which may well add to the hijinks.

We'll be going for a walk and dreaming about spring.  And then fortifying ourselves with the Holy Vegetable, of course!

Happy St. Paddy's Day and have a great weekend.  I'll be back for Mop Philosophy Monday, see you then.
xoxDani