Monday, March 26, 2018

Mop Philosophy Monday

 I can't believe we only have another few days until the Easter weekend, yippee!  You know what this means, here in Canada we might be somewhat close to winter being kind of over.

I spent yesterday afternoon ironing tablecloths after completing, finally, the organization of my linen cupboard.
I prefer to hang tablecloths from hangers rather than store them folded, how about you?

I have a very small amount of Easter theming going on, a few treats in the kitchen and an Easter wreath on the front door.  We definitely need more decorating, the Rascals are all going to be home for Easter and this is cause for celebration.
 My menus this weekend are going to be Easter themed as well and by that I mean CARROTS.  It only makes sense, isn't this what bunnies love to eat?
 MrBP and I cooked up a giant vat of carrot soup for our dinner party on Saturday night.  It was delicious.

Carrot Soup for a Crowd

3 large shallots, chopped
5 stalks celery, chopped
1/4 cup butter (vegan or dairy)
A glass of sparkling wine, or white wine
20 carrots, peeled and chopped
Herbamare Sea Salt and pepper

Saute your shallots and celery in the butter (real butter or Earth Balance vegan butter) until translucent.  You'll want to use your biggest stock pot.  Add the sparkling wine or white wine and let it boil off.   Add your chopped carrots and completely cover with water.  Boil until the carrots are tender and add a teaspoon or so of Herbamare (you'll taste for salt after the puree).
Let cool and blend in batches, I had to blend this soup in four different batches.  You might need to add more water after blending to get the perfect soup consistency.
Pour it all back in your giant stock pot and taste for salt and pepper, season accordingly.
Serves 10.
Dinner party prep.
 I'd like to cook a main course involving carrots for Easter lunch, I'm thinking some sort of carrot loaf with nuts and seeds, and some potatoes on the side.  I'll let you know what sort of recipe I can muster up.
Are you prepping for Easter?  Have you been ironing any tablecloths?  Do you have a busy week to get through?
Happy Monday, I hope it's productive yet calm at the same time.
xoxDani