Thursday, April 19, 2018

Walnut Sauce

 I've made this recipe a couple of times now and it's the kind of dish that is fairly easy but seems involved.  It also features some superfoods: cauliflower and walnuts.

It's from The First Mess cookbook which I actually own but I found the recipe on another blog here.

This is definitely something I'd like to try to cook for a dinner party sometime, allergies depending of course.  It plates up quite beautifully, the sauce can be made ahead, and the cauliflower prepared for the oven well ahead of time too.

 Served with some green salad, some bread, maybe a soup course to begin... perfect!
I've been lazy about posting this week and the reason is I've been preoccupied with things I can't really write about.  Nothing terrible, just accounting work and things, but my MrBP has been away working too which is never a happy time.

We've been dealing all week with the aftermath of the three day ice storm, and I wish I had a picture to share with you of the giant block of ice that took up residence on the hood of my car.  I felt like I was driving around with an iceberg in front of me, it was a ridiculous hazard and I couldn't budge it.  Our driveway too was a giant mound of ice that made me grateful for my truck-like vehicle.  Heroes of the week turned out to be The Rowing Team, who showed up to clear the drive, had to leave due to the impossible nature of removing the ice, and then returned with axes and garden hoes to take care of it!
Those kids are getting a bonus.
I hope you're having a good week and that maybe it's even springtime where you are.
xoxDani
SaveSave