Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Sustainable Fashion: Meet the Makers

Power of my People
A Canadian Sustainable Fashion Brand
Read about them here.
 As you may know, I tend to think about fashion quite a bit.  I love it.  I love pretty clothes that are well-made, of gorgeous fabrics and with great tailoring details.  I love wearing clothes that make me feel good, even great.

I've also been thinking about shopping, and as you also may know I tried a shopping ban beginning in January that has really made me evaluate what I buy (or want to buy) and why.

It's been a great exercise and I've come to one conclusion: buying sustainable fashion is the only way forward for those us who want to feel good, even great, in our clothes.

I think I already knew this?  I've been shopping Brora for years and they never let me down.  They source their fabrics responsibly and they manufacture their clothes the same way.  I've even been to the Brora mill in Hawick, Scotland to witness that first hand.  You can see that post here.
BRORA: love this dress.
 Brora is running a great campaign this week and it's called Meet the Makers.
I think I met some of those ladies at the mill!

I've been wanting to write a post featuring what is basically a DaniBP List of sustainable fashion brands, clothes that we can feel good about, that aren't too young for us (or too matronly for that matter), clothes that are both current yet classic at the same time.

So here it is:

Justine Tabak

Power of my People

BRORA

Dale of Norway

Saint James

Emerson Fry

Horses Atelier

Everlane


Dale of Norway


Saint James of France

Emerson Fry




Horses Atelier


Everlane
I've recently tried Everlane again thanks to our dear friend SunnyDay, who recommended their fitted tee shirts.  They are indeed so good!  I also finally found a white jean that fits and feels great to wear... and the best thing is they are Everlane Clean Denim.  I'll review them in time for (Canadian) summer.
Everlane micro-rib tank, thanks for the tip SunnyDay!
I must apologize to you for hiding under a rock.  Tooties, there's been lots on the go and not all of it good.  My own dear Dad (aka The Bobster) has not been well.  The good news is he's expected to make a full recovery... and the other good news is that I'll be travelling to Atlanta soon to spend time with him.
My postings might be erratic for a time but I'll do my best.
Love to you,
xoxDani