Monday, June 25, 2018

Mop Philosophy Monday

 How's your week shaping up?  Any big plans?  Lists as long as your arms?
I got caught up with some work yesterday so today I have more time for meal-planning and poking around in the garden.
Last week I made this roasted tomato and asparagus salad, you can throw in bocconcini if you are so inclined.
Roasted tomato and asparagus salad.
With lots of herbes de Provence.
Last week I rearranged our kitchen shelves.  I love using this small set of shelves to change up the colour scheme of the kitchen, and to bring out things I use seasonally.

But why did I put that electrical plug on the first shelf?
Kitchen shelves.
With an electrical plug in an odd place.
It's even a bit crooked.
When we designed the kitchen I had an older radio that I used to listen to the cbc, and the shelf seemed the perfect place for just such a radio.

But times change... do they ever.  I should have known that a wifi, hands free, robot thing was going to enter my life... sooner rather than later.
"Hey Siri"
"Mm-hmm" (it actually says mm-hmm)
"Can you please play me some Classic Rock?"
Can you see my new HomePod?  It's the grey thing on the far right.  If I talk to it it pretty much anything I want to listen to blasts from it.  That little thing really puts out an incredibly clear sound.

The uncomfortable thing is the talking to it.  I feel so rude just barking orders at it.  It makes no difference, I know it rationally, if I say please to a robot but I feel like a jerk just ordering it around.

Do you feel weird talking to robots?

Happy Monday, may your week be filled with civility.
xoxDani