Saturday, June 23, 2018

Summer Wedding Outfit: Greens and Blues

 Next weekend we have a family wedding to attend and we couldn't be more excited about it.

My cousin is getting married and this is a really big event in our relatively small family, we've been looking forward to it for a year.

I knew from the get-go that I wanted to wear my green silk dress that is my absolute favourite summer outfit, not least because it was a gift from my dear friend Tabs.

I typically wear this dress with my little gold handbag and some neutral and gold flats with a small heel... but for this wedding that didn't feel quite exuberant enough.

I own some navy patent Repetto dancing heels that are my absolute favourite shoes to wear, I can dance in them and practically run in them, and they are so comfortable despite the three and a half inch heel.
 I also like to wear this dress with my Kate Spade necklace in greens and blues with a turtle clasp... so what about a bag in greens and blues?

I decided to go on a search for just such a little bag and I looked everywhere.  I searched every online store I could think of, every vintage shop on eBay and Etsy, until finally I decided to try Handmade shops on Etsy.

I found this seller out of the UK who constructs these amazing little silk pouch bags.  She dreams up absolutely beautiful colour schemes and lines the bags with a cotton sateen, finishing them with lovely little drawstring cords.  I LOVE THEM.
Bag in green and blue.
Handmade by TheOccasionalPurl.
 I have to say too that these bags remind me of Picasso's Harlequin paintings, a favourite series of mine.
Kate Spade necklace.
My one Kate Spade item... that I shall treasure forever. 

 The bag has these dreamy ocean tones of green and blue that to me really echo the spirit of the Kate Spade necklace.
Do you have any weddings to attend this summer?  If so are you excited about your outfit planning?

Have a really lovely weekend,
xoxDani