Thursday, March 26, 2020

Fantasy Colour Story: MIAMI

 How quickly have our lives changed over the last two weeks!
Our April trip to Miami has gone from being something completely booked and anticipated to seeming like a fantasy, a trip that I can't imagine taking now, or in six months, or perhaps not even in a year's time.
I keep thinking of all of the hotels and restaurants who completely rely on tourist dollars, a steady stream of merrymakers spending money and looking to be entertained, fed and housed... now it seems like another life.  In a way I guess that was another life, a pre-pandemic life.

In the meantime, if you're up for some fantasy and frivolity, here is my colour story for Miami, one I've been planning for a couple of months.  You can see it features some very strong colours: pink, orange and yellow predominate.  Strong patterns are another feature, patterns which are very 1960's inspired which somehow is very Miami to me.

This Candy Tweed J.Crew Collection jacket is one I found on eBay, look at the colours!  It's really amazing, lined in silk and with a tie stripe silk detail on the interior, it features all of the Miami colour goodness.

Tie stripe detail, interior of Candy Tweed jacket.
 The orange silk dress, lined in cotton, is another J.Crew Collection piece, again sourced on eBay.
Look at the exquisite twisted rope detail at the neckline:
 The jacket is trimmed in a ruffled ribbon with a silk charmeuse tie at the neck:
 Though this fantasy colour story contains so many vintage pieces from J.Crew Collection, it was really inspired by Tory Burch bags.

I have long coveted a classic Chanel flap bag, but truly they are so dear it only makes sense to buy one in a classic black, to be used at every opportunity.  Black bags don't call to me at the moment, I want colour in my life, fantasy or otherwise.
 This pink Tory Burch bag and the smaller colour-blocked TB bag just scream Miami colour to me.  The pendant necklace is an older piece that MrBP bought me for my birthday many years ago.  It looks so good with this piece:
J.Crew Collection Verushka dress, 2008.
This is a dress I looked for on eBay for years, at least five or six years, perhaps longer.  I finally found it, in a size up, but the shift style is very forgiving... and a size up is very forgiving for a fantasy holiday dress as well.  
With Michael Kors heels.
These Michael Kors heels are so comfortable and I have no idea how.  I've worn them on a travel day that required walking miles through an airport, no problem, so comfortable.

Love the sleeve detail on the Verushka dress.
 No holiday in Miami would be complete without a pool outfit.
I bought this Tory Burch pool bag and matching bikini... it's so fun and Miamitastic.  The striped fabric slides from J.Crew are totally impractical but let's face it, perfect for a fantasy colour story.
Tory Burch patterned pool bag and a matching bikini.
My impractical pool slides in fabric from J.Crew.
 I bought another new item, this pink Jackie Kennedy-inspired dress from J.Crew in a super comfortable cotton tweed.  I love it with the pink and yellow striped shoes, my old Tory Burch elephant tote and the Tory Burch pink flap bag.  Airport outfit!
 For the trip out I had planned to wear this tweed pink blazer with a pink and orange skirt and a white shirt.
The jacket would be the perfect weight for travel to the airport from this end, and this is another J.Crew jacket that has an exquisite tie silk interior detail.
J.Crew jacket, vintage.
Tory Burch bag and J.Crew Collection heels (current).

Look at the ruffly details.

The fabric is from the famous Robert Noble mill in Scotland.  
I hope that you have had a moment's reprieve from our current situation with this fantasy colour story.

I hope you are well and that your family is well also!
xoxDani