"We are what we believe we are."
C.S. Lewis

Monday, July 7, 2014

Picnics, Sheep, and Parachuting- Week 1 Recap

Young Rascal here.  I haven't seen you guys in a while! I fell loose of my every other day posts I've been trying to complete- I'll have to repay you with one astonishing, jaw-dropping amazing post.

While the day is still ripe in North America, and it's hardily began in Australia, over here we are among the colder hours of the night- and since our day of activities has long since been fed, I have some time to sit back, relax, and reflect on the most amazing week we've had.

It's been filled with picnics with sheep, even in the clouds, money-growing trees, and my dear friend the stinging nettle. What an incredible journey this trip has been so far- and it's barely begun. As we pass the one third marker of our vacation, these are the memories engraved in my mind. What memories they are. 

In Ferris Bueller's words "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Sometimes one must stand back and soak it all in. I like to close my eyes and let the good memories rebuild my character- let them be a part in defining who I am. I let the bad memories make me stronger, braver- I just try not to let them define me.

That's what I am doing, although this vacation has been mostly good (99.9% good, Stinging Nettles take away 00.1%, although having a good laugh about my bad luck was 0.1% good, and nothing bad, so it all evens out in the end). One of my favourite ways of remembering is looking at old photos, and I thought maybe I'd end off this post with a few never before seen photo's of the BP's vacation- part one.

Waterfalls in the Yorkshire Dales

The Fences That Divide Plots Of Land

A Beautiful Swamp

Curous sheep

A Gentle Stream And An Old Barn

Ancient Ruins With A Beautiful Back Drop

The "Hugging Tree" (my name for it on a count of the fact that it's branches look like there reaching out for a hug)


Lovely Flowers

More Lovely Flowers

Beautiful Views

A Lookout

The Sky in the Water (I like to pretend it's the entrance to a different world)

A Parachute Guy 

Cumbria Skies and A Parachuting Guy

Duck Gang (or family, but gang's more exciting)

A Lovely Stone Building Which is Older Than The Country Of Canada Itself



xoxYoung Rascal

15 comments:

  1. Well there you are...missed ya a bit. Hop over to my blog and see what I ate lunch with Saturday. You would enjoy. You are definitely making England raise a bit higher on my list of places to go. To be honest, it was not very high. I can't get over the fact you get to vacation for three weeks, lucky duck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Young Rascal for another amazing post. You truly are a budding author :)

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there YR - another lovely post. Yorkshire (and Lancashire) are truly beautiful parts of the country. Right now I'm getting my fix by watching the second series of a wonderful British tv show - Last Tango in Halifax. The characters often scoot around the countryside as some of them live on a farm, and the others often go there too (two families become closely connected and are all up in each others' business).

    I also love the photo of the dry stone wall - or drystane wall as we'd call it in Scotland. They are quite common where I come from.

    When is that longed-for meeting with Tabitha?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very well done Young Rascal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing and HopingJuly 7, 2014 at 9:16 AM

    Dear YR.
    How precious are your photos of the typical Yorkshire scenes. Love the dry stone walls, the sheep, the stream and that wonderful creation of yours - the hugging tree.
    And what a wise little YR you are with your thoughts on life. You must certainly be your mummy's daughter.! :) Enjoy the next 2/3 of your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've so enjoyed your posts, and your photos suggest that not much has changed in the countryside since All Things Bright and Beautiful. Looking forward to the next chapter of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Ferris Bueller's words "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Sometimes one must stand back and soak it all in. I like to close my eyes and let the good memories rebuild my character- let them be a part in defining who I am. I let the bad memories make me stronger, braver- I just try not to let them define me."

    Love this! I've been in a slump for days and this pulled me right out!
    Young Rascal - you know about Ferris Bueller? So do my kids - he's been re-discovered by a new generation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dani thanks so much for sharing this beautiful experience!!
    Xoxo
    Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Young Rascal, glad to hear you are having such a magical time in Old Blighty! When I was there, many years ago, I too was stung by those darned Nettles. A cousin of mine told me to look for the Dock plant, which conveniently grows close by, and rub one of the leaves on the affected area. Lo and behold, it worked. Now, just too make sure, I just did a search on the web and it too recommends this - isn't nature amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  10. So happy you are enjoying all the nature around you! i would love to hike there-- thanks for all the spot on descriptions, YR.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post YR! Any blog post that quotes Ferris Bueller is going to be a winner at any rate! Beautiful photos - especially the fuchsias and the dry stone walls, you're very lucky to be in such a beautiful part of the world. Enjoy the rest of the trip (nettles aside). x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful recap! Enjoy the balance of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there again, I included that photo of you and Wendy today in my frock post, linking to you. Love hearing all the bits and bobs of the trip

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you get to see Hadrian's Wall and the other Roman fortifications! There's so much to see up there. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Young Rascal you are doing a great job. I love all these great photos. Amazing walls and old buildings! Hope you are feeling better from the nettle and having fun together!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete