"We are what we believe we are."
C.S. Lewis

Monday, December 8, 2014

Mop Philosophy Monday

 Happy Monday, how are you?  Making any lists today?  Me too.  I haven't organized Christmas presents yet, with the exception of a box sent last week to my baby nephew.
 Those mailing deadlines are good motivators, don't you think?  I sent this little twinkly bell star from Target for their tree.

I've been arranging my woodland creatures, it's a very soothing activity.  This is something I did at one time with The Rascals but they are such darling little toys, they are not just for kids.
 I started collecting these little creatures from Eve of Eve's Little Earthlings about 15 years ago.
 I ordered some for my nephew to start his collection but I waited too long and they didn't arrive in time... which is fine, they are nice little surprises to send for Easter, birthdays, Groundhog Day... I'm sure I can find more excuses.
Reindeer waiting for Santa.
I bought this little whale for my nephew, how cute is it?

I hope your week is off to an excellent start.  Today I'm going to get my Act Together, lists and all.
xoxDani

21 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. SAJ they're even better in person because they are so warm and cozy.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful, thoughtful gift giver you are. All the animals are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BB aren't they sweet, and I'm the one who brings them out now...wish my nephew lived closer.

      Delete
  3. Love these! Just finished this am! Tonight is tree trimming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of woodland creatures being a part of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa it seems right somehow doesn't it, cozy Christmas.

      Delete
  5. Those wee woodland creatures are utterly charming!
    I am off to check out that link....thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hostess I recommend as an idea for your grandchildren, Eve's toys are always so well made.

      Delete
  6. Love your woodland creatures! I imagine that package to nephew may be arriving by sled dog team.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G I'm sure a sled dog team was the ticket, if they weren't so far I'd be delivering it myself.

      Delete
  7. I think we're done with the gifts that have to be mailed to family and friends, now we are looking at what to get the boys - and they are not being much help! I pick up little things here and there - for example, they both more or less have beards (No. 2 Son's is very light) so I got them some beard oil. I've no idea if they'll use it, but I like to encourage them to be well-groomed.

    The woodland creatures are adorable! What a lovely idea to start a collection for your baby nephew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beard oil: this is how you know your boys are all growed up ;)
      Aren't they so sweet? Very fun to arrange a scene and move them a bit each day.

      Delete
  8. Those woodland creatures are too cute!
    Sorry I didn't comment on your last posts, frantic here!
    Happy (belated) birthday to Scout!
    Very disorganised here, may try to postpone Christmas....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruth we're partners in frantic! If you figure out how to postpone please advise ;)

      Delete
  9. On my list: I am going to sit myself down and write out my Christmas cards tonight! I haven't sent out cards in 2 years - that's how frantic the holidays have gotten for me. Your little creatures are so adorable - I may have to look into Eve's Little Earthlings. Hope your list isn't too long, Dani!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that little mouse is the best! I bet you send the prettiest looking parcels. You are so good with the details and I envy that (I write while looking at my wonky Christmas tree leaning against my piano!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh they are so pretty! I don't know yet whether I am on time or if I will be in panic in a couple of days regarding the Christmas schedule, but so far, I take the days as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving the creatures! I haven't done anything for Christmas this year, for the first time ever I'm not that bothered by it, yet is normally my favourite time of year.

    ReplyDelete