Tuesday, February 6, 2018

A Good Dinner

 As promised I have a good dinner idea for you, and it really does take only a few minutes to throw together.
I haven't had any couscous in the house for months, and it was actually Lil Rascal who reminded me to buy some.  She's always loved couscous, she used to like it when she was little with grated cheese on top, very simple.
I wanted to create something super fresh and Mediterranean in feeling, so I bought some fresh herbs at the market (basil, parsley and oregano) and chopped them finely along with some colourful little cherry tomatoes.  I placed them in a bowl with some salt and left them to mingle with each other for about an hour.
Then it was on to the couscous, and this particular whole wheat version required measuring, then pouring boiling water over before putting a lid on it for a couple of minutes.  Done!

I layered the couscous on the bottom with the herb-tomato mixture on top, followed by a healthy drizzle of, once again, cashew cream,
I served this with a smoked salmon fillet from the market, it would be a little lacking in protein all by itself, but it does make a perfect main dish with a protein side dish.

Well, it's a Tuesday in February and there's nothing for it, I have to settle down to some paperwork today, it's time to start working on Year End.  I'm also getting a couple of care packages together today, mostly of food and vitamins, one to send to my Ole Rascal and the other to a friend.  Foreveruary is a good time for a treat!
Hope your day is a lovely one,
xoxDani