Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Productivity

 My best day is one in which I cross major to-do items off my list and yesterday was just such a day.  I completed one of my Year End projects right to the end, and it sits ready and waiting to be handed off to our accountant this morning.

It was several hours of work at my desk so I was very happy to tackle more physical work once it was done:  organizing my vegetable delivery and planning meals for the week.
 We'll be eating lots of red cabbage salad this week.  I grate mine in the food processor and store it in the fridge until I'm ready to dress it.  My favourite dressing for a basic red cabbage coleslaw is Vegenaise (delicious vegan mayonnaise which I buy at our organic market, you can read about it here)  mixed with fresh lemon juice, about half and half.  Add some salt and pepper and you're done, and I have to say that even picky people like this (and by picky I mean Lil Rascal).
I roasted up lots of butternut squash after peeling and chopping it into small pieces.  I'll serve it over couscous with some sautéed portobello mushrooms and red onions stirred through it.  I'll sprinkle some walnuts over that dish for some extra crunch and protein.
You know it's Foreveruary when the sight of a fresh green and white fennel bulb fills one with absolute delight.  I'll slice this up and toss it with some romaine lettuce and a lemon shallot vinaigrette, the perfect green accompaniment to a baked bean gratin.

I was able to tackle some housework yesterday as well as that dreaded task: de-cluttering the storage room.  I've decided to take a week to do it so that it seems manageable (that's on the advice of the Swedish Death Cleaning Lady).  So far I have a giant bag of winter clothing to donate.

I'm hoping to continue on with the productivity today: more housework, errands on foot, checking in on my elderly neighbours and lots of cooking this afternoon.
I hope your day fulfills your vision of a productive one!
xoxDani