Saturday, February 10, 2018

Dream Shoes

 I don't remember exactly when these pumps by Salvatore Ferragamo were released but I do remember the first time I spotted them.  I was walking down Bloor Street in Toronto and they shone out at me from a shop window.  I couldn't believe it, and I grabbed my friend Berna by the arm and made her look at them too.

They were the most beautiful, and interesting, black pumps I had ever seen.

I'm not a person who necessarily notices new shoe collections, I typically buy a few pairs of shoes from a brand that I like (and that fits well) and just wear them constantly.  The truth is I can most often be found in wellies, not heels, but these shoes quickly became my Dream Shoes.

Of course they were ridiculously expensive but after many months I found them heavily discounted at The September in Toronto.

I wear them with my plain black velvet wrap dress but I love the way they look with this knit dress by Boden.  The black fitted top, and the fuller skirt with the gold stripes woven through, really sets off the Dream Shoes.

The heel of the shoe is completely exquisite with the intricate beaded pattern of black, white and gold.  I was at a cocktail party before Christmas and someone asked me to take off one of my shoes so they could have a proper look at that heel!
 I can't imagine ever wearing them outside but they are a perfect shoe for a cocktail or a dinner party, toted there in their shoe bag while I wear my wellies in the street.

We're going to a dinner party tonight and I will wear one of my two winter dresses: either the striped Boden or the black velvet wrap dress.  With the Dream Shoes of course!
Do you have a pair of Dream Shoes?  Were there any that got away?  Are you eyeing some up right now?
Have a lovely and fun Saturday,
xoxDani