Friday, February 9, 2018

Emerson Fry Leopard Coat

 I promised my friend Janet that I would post a few pictures and a review of the Emerson Fry Leopard Coat.
It's a classic, it's a statement piece, and a wardrobe investment all rolled into one.
 I ordered mine last summer and then waited patiently (ish) for it to arrive.  Emerson Fry manufactures their clothing in New York and while they have nearly a full run of sizes in stock right now you can also occasionally pre-order items based on their anticipated release.

My initial reaction when my coat arrived was that this is a highly tailored piece of clothing.  From the model photos I thought it might be slouchier and kind of loose.  In fact it is very tailored through the shoulders and arms and can be buttoned for a neat look, or left open to appear a little more casual.
 The belgian linen used for this piece is absolutely stunning.  It is nubbly and thickly woven, yet takes the ivory and black colouration so well.
It is fully lined in what I thought was acetate from the satin finish but is in fact polyester.  I'm not sure if that will make this coat difficult to wear in warmer temperatures, I'll have to test that out this summer.
 I ordered a size 4 which is my true size in most American brands (Theory, Brooks Brothers, Tory Burch).  The fit is perfect through the shoulders and the arm length is also spot on.
 I was a bit worried this would be too boxy through the body based on the model photos but the fit on me is fairly close.  Of course I'm also wearing my thickest winter layers under this, I took these photos yesterday when I was freezing, there was no way I was changing into my summer pants and shirt.
 I seem to be moving towards wearing lots of black and some ivory all throughout the year and this coat has the ability to anchor a very monochrome wardrobe and give it some interest.  I'll wear it over black pants and flats.

 I also love this look, below.  A leopard coat over an ivory dress and black heels, just perfection.
You can see lots of black and ivory looks,  including these images (and their sources) on my Next Decade Wardrobe Pinterest Page.
Happy Friday!
xoxDani